Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Rope Cutter: true
- Model: 4JH4-TBE
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 75hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 4 Blade, Bronze, Feathering
- Year: 2008
- Engine Hours: 883
- Engine Location: Center
BH Boat Sales Bucklers Hard Yacht Harbour
Beaulieu, Hampshire, GB, SO42 7XB
Tel:+44 (0)1590 616316
LWL: 38'1'' Beam: 14'4'' Max Bridge Clearance: 62'' Ballast: 5.4t Displacement: 14.5t
Yanmar 75hp (4 JH4-TE Diesel)
Cruising speed: 6.5knots
Maximum engine speed: 8knots
Engine Hours: 883
The interior layout of the 440 makes it perfect for the couple that wants comfortable cruising with excellent family or guest accommodation. Would also work really well as holiday retreat or live aboard. Both cabins feature island berths so that neither of you wake the other when getting out of bed. A long list of other interior amenities put this yacht in a class by itself. This aft cockpit design, and its predecessors, have been among the favorite Island Packets ever built. The geared rack and pinion steering system, proven through millions of miles of all types of cruising, provides sensitive and responsive control with rugged reliability and a minimum of maintenance.
- Thirteen opening ports w/screens – polished s/s, safety glass. Eight deck hatches with OceanAir® screens and shades. Three s/s Dorade style vents w/screens and plugs
- Select teak hardwoods and veneers for bulkheads, cabinetry and trim. Louvered cabin and locker doors, extensive radius corner detailing, cedar-lined lockers and drawers
- Furniture quality satin gloss varnish applied to all interior wood surfaces in a multi-coat process
- Main saloon with full-length settees, ergonomically shaped multi-density cushions covered in Buff UltraLeather® upholstery, large storage areas behind and under both settees.
- Starboard settee converts to double bunk. Cedar-lined hanging locker with extra height rods outboard, shelf above. Large drop leaf table folds against bulkhead rack (w/bottle stowage) for open saloon. Chart stowage drawer under starboard settee.
- Numerous chrome-plated cabin sidelights with individual dimmers. Overhead lights with remote dimmer switches.
- Three overhead hatches, numerous opening ports, two deck vents and overhead handrails.
- Varnished V-groove individual plank solid teak and oak sole
- Forward stateroom with privacy doors to saloon and forward head compartment. Large offset double island berth with teak shelf outboard, storage lockers and cedar-lined drawers beneath.
- Five-inch innerspring mattress w/quilted pillow top. Aft end of bunk lifts on gas support struts to reveal large blanket tray. Chrome-plated cabin sidelights w/individual dimmers.
- Overhead lights with remote dimmer switch. Large cedar-lined hanging locker with interior shelf, teak bureau, dressing seat. Three opening ports, two overhead hatches with screens/shades, deck vent.
- Varnished V-groove individual plank solid teak and oak sole
- Forward head with large separate shower stall with folding acrylic door, wide curved seat. Vanity with solid acrylic countertop and molded sink, wrap around counter provides secure seating for VacuFlush® electric head.
- Mirrored storage cabinets and large drawers, opening port and overhead hatch with screen/shade, overhead lights with dimmer switch, electric sump pump
- Aft stateroom with privacy doors to main saloon and aft head compartment. Large offset double island berth with teak shelf outboard, drawer beneath. Five-inch innerspring mattress w/quilted pillow top. End of bunk lifts on gas support strut to reveal large blanket tray.
- Generous cedarlined hanging locker with extra height rods outboard, bureau with shelf above. Chrome-plated cabin sidelights w/individual dimmers. Overhead lights with remote dimmer switch.
- Opening ports, overhead hatch with screen/shade. Varnished V-groove individual plank solid teak and oak sole
- Aft head with separate shower stall with folding acrylic door and molded shower seat. Solid acrylic countertop and molded sink, VacuFlush® electric head, storage cabinets, electric sump pump. Opening port and overhead hatch with screen/shade, overhead lights with dimmer switch.
- Door conveniently located near companionway in main saloon plus additional door for private access from aft stateroom
- Navigation center with large varnished table with oval and star inlay, storage tray, generous nav/electronics panel with master AC/DC electrical panels, extra panel space for owner installed equipment. Wide bench seat with removable panels beneath revealing storage.
- Galley features large wrap around design, solid acrylic countertops with integral sea rails.
- Fridge/freezer compartments with separate lids and gas support struts for easy access. Dual Frigoboat® Keel Cooler refrigeration/freezer systems with individual digital controls (both compartments may be individually adjusted for use as refrigerator or freezer).
- Electric drain pump, light, storage drawer beneath.
- Gimballed 3-burner Force 10® LPG stove w/oven – s/s deluxe safety type with s/s sealed burner top, lift-off cover, guard rail w/harness hooks, pot and pan storage beneath.
- Microwave, deep double s/s sink, hot & cold pressure water tap, manual fresh water pump, retractable spray unit, slide out trash bin, teak dish racks & cutlery drawers, overhead and cabinside lights on dimmer switches, opening port, overhead hatch with screen/shade
- SeaGull® IV water filter services cold water taps in heads and dedicated faucet (cold only) at galley sink
- Slip resistant sole in heads (tile pattern), galley, nav area, and companionway (diamond pattern)
- Numerous chrome-plated cabin sidelights with individual dimmers, overhead lights throughout with remote dimmer switches, courtesy lights with remote rocker switch at companionway, dome lights in cockpit lazarettes, anchor locker, fridge/freezer compartment, and bilge.
- Removable s/s companionway ladder with teak treads
- Teak grate located at base of ladder lifts out to reveal dust tray, tray lifts for bilge access with light
- Storage rack for companionway drop boards
Extras and Options Fitted
Extras in addition to Standard
Raymarine ST70 Log, ST60 Depth, ST60 Wind
Raymarine ST70 Autopilot with hydraulic drive Raymarine C90 at Nav Station repeated with helm mounted C120W in Navpod Raymarine SPX 30 Smartpilot Raymarine Radar Scanner 4km Raymarine 240E VHF 2 station with DSC ICOM SSB M801 MF/HF Radio fully grounded with external ground plate SCS PTC-II Modem for SSB email with USB Connection 15" Repeater Screen for E80/ Radar at Nav Desk Raymarine Sea Talk 2 Remote Keyboard Serial Port for connecting PC to Raymarine Sea Talk System McMurdo Nav 7 Navtex AIT AIS Transponder Radar reflector & Bracket 12V sockets at Nav Table and Helm Generator 1500RPM Paguro 4000 4KW Ultra Leather In Salon (buff) Electric WC Pump Out & Macerator Leather Wheel Covering Vertically Battened furling Mainsail (Quantum) Tri Light at Mast Head Extra Hull Annode Stripper Rope Cutter Electric Anchor Windlass ROCNA 33Kg Anchor Upgraded 8Hp Sleipner Bowthruster with own battery Upgraded Guard wires at gates Cruising shute halyards Webasto Heating System with addional outlet Sprayhood Bimini Cover with side screens & infill to Sprayhood Wheel & Pedestal Cover
Helmseat cushion & backrest
One-piece integral hull and keel of 100% hand laminated high modulus knitted fiberglass infused with a proprietary pressure-fed roller application system. Light ivory gelcoat with urethane painted boot stripe. PolyClad3® hull gel system includes 10 year pro-rated limited warranty against osmotic blisters. Fully encapsulated ballast forms double bottom over length of keel. No keel bolts to maintain, loosen or leak. Molded interior structural base unit bonded with hull and interior bulkhead system to form unified structure. Chainplates interlocked and bonded directly with hull structure for secure “belt-and-suspenders” installation. Deck laminate features Island Packet’s exclusive PolyCore®, virtually eliminating the potential for deck deterioration associated with other core materials. Includes a 10 year pro-rated limited warranty. Two-tone deck surfaces: light ivory with tan diamond pattern slip resistant surfaces One-piece deck attached to integral hull flange with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant. Hardware backed with aluminum plates where required Molded fiberglass headliner with textured finish, teak trim
- Sails: in-mast vertically battened roller furling main, 110% roller furling genoa in high modulus
- Dacron® with white UV sun panel, roller furling staysail in high modulus Dacron® with white UV sun panel
- Hoyt® self-vanging staysail boom for ease of handling, improved performance and superb adaptability
- Genoa and staysail on Harken® furling systems
- Main halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 30CST, 2-speed winch on mast. Mainsail roller furling control lines led aft to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar® Ocean Series 44CST, 2-speed winch.
- Rigid boom vang. Main sheet traveler w/4:1 control system led to cockpit. Main sheet and spare main halyard led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar® Ocean Series 44CST winch
- Genoa halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 30CST, 2-speed winch on mast. Two electric genoa sheet winches - Lewmar® Ocean Series 54CST.
- Staysail sheet led to cockpit through stopper to Lewmar® Ocean Series 16CST winch. Staysail halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 8C winch on mast
- Two secondary winches – Lewmar® Ocean Series 16CST’s
- Anodized and powder coated aluminum spars
- Mid-boom sheeting for unobstructed cockpit & dodger installations
- Sail control lines accessible from cockpit
- Cockpit storage bins for all sail control lines
- 10” chrome-plated lock-in winch handle
- Large swim/boarding platform with twin set of molded steps leading to deck. Hide-away swim ladder under flush mounted panel, hot and cold shower. Emergency boarding ladder with pull strap located in swim ladder compartment
- Full length, ergonomically shaped cockpit seats, dual deep seat lockers, line storage bins, extra wide coamings with numerous storage bins, helm seat cushion and backrest, four harness padeyes, two 2” cockpit scuppers, engine panel adjacent to helm in covered alcove
- Lewmar® “Cobra”, geared rack & pinion steering system for superior reliability and control. Includes Ritchie® compass with custom Island Packet nav grid, s/s wheel, pedestal guard, provisions for remote auto pilot installation, single lever engine control with premium Glendinning® control cables, space for electronics installations, hinged fiberglass cockpit table. Emergency tiller with storage brackets in locker
- Molded fiberglass headliner with textured finish, teak trim
- Sliding companionway hatch with seahood, interior latch, and exterior hasp and lock.
- Knot, depth, and wind indicators – RayMarine® ST60 – mounted in seahood instrument pod.
- Continuous coaming and molded boss details on cabin top facilitate dodger mounting.
- Solid teak drop boards, middle board with safety glass port and etched logo, board retaining pin
- Wide side decks, full length s/s cabin top handrails and recessed foredeck
- Large anchor locker with overhead deck hatch (Lewmar® with slip resistant surface), sealed bulkhead aft, drain to bilge w/shutoff valve, large divided rode bins with hooks for lines/fenders/gear and Starboard shelf to direct chain and rode aft
- Wide integral bow platform w/exclusive IP designed and patented SeaSafe® anchor rollers for fully captive, low chafe chain/rode guides, quick anchor deployment and secure storage
- Welded s/s mast rails
- Double lifelines with s/s bow and stern rails, flagstaff and holder, and s/s Dorade style vents w/guards
- Stern gates with quick release hooks, integral folding stern rail seats
- Four 12” mooring cleats, two 12” spring line cleats, chocks and flush mount chafe guards
- High impact vinyl rubrail with s/s striker
- Side decks drain to boot stripe
- Teak cap and drip rail with s/s striker
- Exterior teak treated with Sikkens Cetol®
Mechanical & Electrical
75 HP Yanmar® 4JH4-TBE turbo diesel - four cylinder engine, fresh water cooled, rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil pan, mechanical fuel pump, high output Balmar® 75 amp alternator with voltage regulator and Charles® digital Duo Charge controller.
SidePower bow thruster.
Paguro 4000 4kw Generator
4 blade feathering prop, Racor® fuel filter with water separator mounted to engine access door in galley. Jacketed fuel lines with swedged and threaded ends, auxiliary electric fuel pump w/momentary switch for bleeding lines, bronze engine intake strainer. Pre-plumbed for dealer/owner installed oil change system Extensive sound control with premium lead-lined insulating foam and gasketed access door in galley and access panels behind companionway stairs, aft cabin door, and under berth area in aft cabin Five maintenance free, 12 volt AGM batteries: four for house and one dedicated engine start. Momentary parallel switch in cockpit for emergency starting UL® listed marine pre-tinned 600V color coded and numbered wiring throughout Deluxe electrical panels with battery switch, gauges and breakers for AC & DC systems, battery test system, indicator lights. Electric pump, LPG, and battery charger controls Dual 30 amp AC dockside power systems with inlet breakers and one 50’ shore power cord. Numerous outlets with GFCI protection Galvanic isolator with remote status panel Charles® 5000 series 60 amp converter/battery charger – three stage, temperature compensating, UL® listed. Engine instrument panel with tachometer, hour meter, and engine monitoring system at helm Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and underwater metals Pressure water system w/hot & cold water service in heads, galley and cockpit shower. UL® listed 11 gallon water heater with engine heat exchanger, insulated hot water hoses throughout. Automatic shower sump pumps and drain pump w/strainers for refrigerator/freezer compartments LPG system with 10 pound aluminum tank in self-draining storage compartment with gasketed lid, remote solenoid, dual safety shutoffs and gauge; room for extra tank Fuel, water and holding tanks below cabin sole maximize storage and stability and minimize trim changes with varying fluid levels Fuel tank constructed of welded, baffled, heavy gauge marine grade aluminum (5052-H32) with shut off valve, s/s deck fill, and tank-mounted gauge. Pre-plumbed for additional pick up/return for generator and installed heater system. ThermoCure™ fresh water tank constructed of molded and baffled resin infused fiberglass using FDA approvable resins, s/s deck fill, remote tank level gauge ThermoCure™ resin infused fiberglass holding tank with s/s deck pump out fitting, remote tank level gauge Heavy duty Rule® 3700 electric bilge pump with auto control and premium, UL® listed Ultimate® magnetic reed float switch. BilgeAlert® bilge alarm w/remote alarm panel UL® listed bronze, thru-bolted, flanged seacocks on all thru-hulls below waterline, ball valves on thru-hulls in boot stripe. Masthead anchor light, foredeck/steaming light and nav lights Pre-wired: anchor windlass and bow thruster cables, fan and speaker wires throughout interior, VHF cable in mast and from mast step to nav area, extra Raymarine Seatalk® cable from seahood to nav area. Messengers pre-run throughout yacht for additional wiring and electronic installation tasks
Island Packet Yachts – designed by Bob Johnson built in 2008
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
“We always advocate the service of an approved yacht surveyor to carry out a full survey of the vessel to the requirements of the purchaser(s) and/or their respective insurers.”